|2881 S. Valley
View Blvd. Suite 12
Las Vegas, NV 89102
primary goal of the DHHARC is to educate and empower Deaf and Hard of
Hearing individuals to exercise self-determination and self-sufficiency
necessary to live independently and lead productive lives. The Resource
Center works closely with educational, social and community services,
employment, medical and law enforcement to ensure equal and full access
is available to Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals and their families.
DHHARC provides support and advocacy services throughout many Northern
Nevada counties: Washoe, Carson, Douglas, Lyon, Storey, Churchill,
Eureka, Elko, Pershing, Humboldt, Lander, White Pine, Nye and Esmeralda.
We offer services and information to Deaf, Hard of Hearing,
Speech-Impaired, families and the general public on important issues and
services related to:
• Direct Consumer Assistance and Advocacy
• Educational Support Services
• School-to-School and/or School-to-Work Transitioning
• Interpreting and Sign Language Resources
• English and ASL Translation
• Communication Technology
• Video Relay and Online Relay Services
• Workshops, Seminars and Trainings
• Employment Access / ADA Information
• Resource Directories and Library on Deafness
What makes DHHARC unique?
The Resource Center employs highly trained professionals that understand
and match the language and cultural needs of the consumers they serve.
The Resource Center meets the needs of the consumer best through clear,
appropriate and accessible communication avenues and by understanding
where they are coming from and empowering them to obtain what it is they